FABULOUS FIRSTS with... Allie Boniface



The first few sentences of... 

BEACON OF LOVE
One of the 10 novels in the Passionate Kisses boxed set (see photo to left)
Just 99 cents and available now!


Sophie picked up her notepad and looked over the points she’d jotted earlier in the day. Her driver slowed the car to a crawl as rain poured down around them, dark and heavy, the thick, eggy kind of drops that thudded ominously against everything they hit and sounded as though they might turn to hail at any moment.

Reason for the murders?
Lights or voices or both?
Woman on the beach?




* * * * *

FUN FIRST FACTS ABOUT ALLIE

Tell me about the first novel you ever wrote? What ever happened to it?
Actually, the first novel I ever completed, back in 2007, was published by a small press under the title Lost in Paradise. It’s a story about a fresh Harvard grad whose family is embroiled in scandal, so she moves to the small town of Paradise, New Hampshire, for a summer and takes on an alias so she can escape the media circus. She moves into the upstairs apartment of a rental house…and our hero, the very sexy, single uber-bachelor of Paradise, moves in downstairs. First Ashton and Eddie become friends…they then become more…then Ashton’s secret is uncovered. Last year, I got the rights to this story back, added a couple of chapters, and re-released it as The Promise of Paradise – which also happens to be the prequel to the Hometown Heroes series! And the very sexy, single uber-bachelor Eddie is still my favorite hero to date.

Tell me about your very first kiss?
Oh, sigh. My first (real) kiss was with a guy I had an enormous crush on in high school. I was at a party and my date had deserted me to talk to his ex-girlfriend, so my crush took me home…only we didn’t go home first. We went parking. Enough said. I almost missed my curfew that night, but it was worth it!

If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d buy?
A plane ticket to London! I love to travel, and have been to some fantastic places both in the United States and abroad, but one place that’s still on my bucket list is London, England. I mean, when you’re an English teacher and a writer like I am, you practically have British roots in your blood. I’m dying to visit the home of Shakespeare, Dickens and Austen, among others.

More about Allie: Allie was born and raised in a tiny community in upstate New York, which probably explains her fascination with the magic of small town life. She earned her B.A. in English from the University of Rochester in New York and a M.A. in English Literature from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Since 1997, she has enjoyed life in the northern NYC suburbs, where she lives with her husband and teaches English and Education to high school students. In her spare time, she and her husband love to travel.

Allie writes sensual contemporary romance, reads in all genres and loves chatting with other readers and writers about any topic under the sun. You can find her around the Web, at writers' conferences, giving workshops, swapping stories, and generally chatting about romance writing. Allie loves stories set in small towns and is a firm believer in the power of love and the emotions that connect us all!

You can find Allie online here:
Website: www.allieboniface.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorAllieBoniface
Twitter: @AllieBoniface1 


No comments:

Post a Comment