An interview with debut author... LORI LYN


I'm so excited to have you on the blog today, Lori,and just thrilled to announce the arrival of your debut novel! Would you please share a short bio about yourself? 
Hi! I’m Lori Lyn and I’m addicted to writing. I began writing as a young girl, crafting poems, song lyrics, short stories and I even wrote the gossip column for my junior high school. I’m “nearly a native” and live in the Pacific Northwest with my four dog muses and the Capt. 

Do you consider yourself a shy and/or introverted person? 
I’m actually not shy!
 

What’s the hardest part of this business for you? 
 Having to be patient. While writing is extremely solitary, you always have to depend on others in this career. Even if you are an indie author, you will have to wait to receive promo items, reviews, cover designs – all sorts of things. I have to remember that these people have their lives to worry about! 

Tell me about a time that you had to step outside your comfort zone either in your writing career or in your personal life? 
 That’s easy – promoting myself. I love to shout to the rooftops when my friends have new books or fab new reviews or have some other exciting thing happen but - for me? Not so much. I’m really having to push myself to ask for reviews and ask friends, family and strangers to “go buy my book!” What if I ask them to buy it and they hate it?!? Ugh. 

What’s one tip you could share with shy and introverted people that’s helped you? 
Don’t be afraid to ask for help! I have amazing writer friends I know will always help me but they can only do so when they know I need them. I was terrified to ask for a cover blurb and finally screwed up my nerve and asked the amazing Stella Cameron for one – and boy did she deliver without any hesitation! The writing community is so generous that way. 

Would you please share a short blurb of your book and where my readers can buy it? 
THE ARCHERY CONTEST: Alexander Fitzhugh is a bear of a man, quite content to spend his time with his sturdy mistresses. When both his father and his cousin begin to pester the rakehell to fulfill his obligation to produce an heir, he balks at the idea of having to select his bride from the dainty debutantes of the Season. Thinking to eventually find a robust widow, he is not prepared for the campaign launched upon him by “Bill”, a petite blonde vixen who already has more than enough young swains dancing to her tune; nor is he prepared for the raging desire and protectiveness she evokes in him.

Lady Wilhemina Kirkpatrick, or Willy as her intimates call her, is enjoying her first Season and plans to find a suitable rogue to teach her the art of becoming a flirt. Once she sets eyes on Alexander Fitzhugh however, the headstrong young lady quickly decides the earl will be the perfect match for her. Undaunted by his surly behavior toward her, for she has seen the blatant passion burning in his eyes, she contrives to ensnare the acrimonious lord and everyone knows – what Willy wants, Willy gets!


Today is release day!!!! It's available via Amazon and all online book retailers! 

Buy it here:

Where can my readers find you on the web?
Readers can check out my website at  http://www.lorilyn.net  




13 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Rebecca!!! And "Borrowed Stilettos" is still my fave book of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new release, Lori! I hope you're celebrating and enjoying every moment, you published author you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthea! Thanks you so much. I'm over the moon today.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the release of "The Archery Contest" -- I am looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming on, Lori! And I'm thrilled you like Borrowed. :) I am getting the rights back and will be re-releasing it soon, along with its follow up.

    Congrats on your debut novel. Wishing you tons of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS, LORI!!!!! I am so thrilled for you!!! And I can't wait for absolutely everyone to discover this wonderful witty book--such fun awaits! I know you'll never forget this debut day, and neither will all of us who love you. Go get 'em, girl! {{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantilly! I had such fun writing it that I really hope to hear others enjoyed it as well.

      Delete
  6. WOOHOO! Lori, this first book was a delight to read! I am so proud of you and can't wait for your next book, and next book....Wishing you much success!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blushing, Ruby. It was a joy to write the fun characters. And hopefully the next one will be out this Fall. Cheers!

      Delete
  7. SO EXCITED for you, Lori!! Congratulations on your debut novel. I've already snagged a copy and can't wait to read it. Wishing you a gazillion sales and lots and lots of readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Adrianne! I really hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think. Cheers!

      Delete