Week 8: Lose 10 lbs in 10 Weeks

Sorry for the delay in posting again. This week I can't blame Blogger, it's all me. :) I'm frantically trying to get my house in order for my daughter's high school graduation this weekend--we're having a big party for her and my house isn't, um, ready yet.

How is everyone doing? You on track to lose your 10 lbs? If so, good for you. Keep doing what you're doing.

You behind on schedule a bit? I'm down 6 lbs, so I still have a ways to go. It's safe and doable to lose 2 lbs a week for the next couple of weeks.

Today, I'm going to talk about setbacks, because I'm dealing with one (and this is my blog so it's all about me, right? LOL).

Normally, I rely on lots of cardio to keep my weight stable. All that heart-pumping exercise allows me to not eat perfectly, because I like to not eat perfectly on a regular basis. But that's going to have to change for me. I've been dealing with foot pain for a while and finally went to a foot and ankle doc yesterday. He told me I have the foot equivalent of carpal tunnel syndrome and really need to nip this in the bud now so I don't cause further damage. That means my cardio workouts must go for at least three weeks. No Zumba, no Turbokick, no walking for exercise, no elliptical, no bike. Nothing. Grr. And I also need to limit my lower body exercises for now. Doesn't he realize I'm on this mission to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks? Sigh.

Which means my diet will need to be spot on otherwise I'll gain weight.

Anyway, I didn't mean to turn this blog into a mini pity party for me (okay, maybe I did, but just for the time it takes you to read this), but I wanted to make the point that we all have set backs. Life never goes exactly the way we want it to. We might have a Plan A that we expect to follow to help us reach our goals, but usually our success is determined by how well with deal with Plan B. Do you have a Plan B?

I'm trying to figure mine out right now.

So, wherever you are in this weight loss journey, take a step back, take a deep breath, and forge ahead again when you're ready.

2 comments:

  1. That really sucks about the cardio. Especially for someone as active as you. Bummer!

    I'm down nine pounds and just inside my "safety zone" weight. I'm going for two more pounds. My jeans aren't fitting quite the way I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still struggling. I feel for you with having to give up the activitity. Been there, done that and still doing it. The plan B is you really have to stick to the food program and that is so difficult.

    I'm down 2 1/2 inches in the wiast but that's about it. My scare is broken so I have no clue about the weight. The main thing is the pain is better which helps me get around better which is prefect for me.

    ReplyDelete