Q & A with Gabrielle Bisset


Thanks for being here today, Gabrielle. Would you please share a short bio about yourself?

I’m Gabrielle Bisset, and by day I’m a college history professor, but by night and weekends, I’m an erotic romance writer. My first novella, Vampire Dreams, is out now, and my first novel, Stolen Destiny, will be released this Wednesday, June 29 from Siren Publishing.

Q Do you consider yourself a shy and/or introverted person?

A I do consider myself a shy person, although I think people believe because I can lecture to classes all day that I must be an extrovert.

Q In what ways has being shy or introverted hindered your writing career?

I find promoting to be difficult sometimes only because I’m afraid I’m being too pushy. For example, my best friend knows someone who has over 1000 friends on his Facebook page because he’s an entertainer. She immediately set out to ask him if he would mind if she put some information up about my books, but I was nervous he would be put out. I just don’t think promotionally, it seems.

Q In what ways has being shy or introverted helped your writing career?


Being a writer is a solitary job, and I thrive in that environment. I can sit for hours and write, without talking to another soul, and be quite happy. I imagine very social people would find that almost like sensory deprivation, but I enjoy the solitude.

Q What’s the hardest part of this business for you?

The promotion. It takes a lot of time and I have to be far more assertive than I feel I naturally am. But I’m seeing great results in my sales, so I guess I’ll just have to keep plugging away.

Q Tell me about a time that you had to step outside your comfort zone either in your writing career or in your personal life?

A Every time I email someone to ask if they’d like to blog swap I step out of my comfort zone. At first, it was actually scary. I know that sounds odd coming from an adult who has a lot of accomplishments behind her, but I’m just not the type of person to knock on someone’s door and say, “Hey, I have this great product! Would you like to try it?”

Q What’s one tip you could share with shy and introverted people that’s helped you?

The worst anyone can say is no, and then what have you lost? Nothing. But if they say yes, you’ve gained immediately.

Q Would you please share a short blurb of your book and where my readers can buy it?

Stolen Destiny: Released from prison to find a murderer, a prison-hardened Varek Leale is convinced no woman deserves the man he’s become, but his Aeveren destiny makes him succumb to sweet and sexy Callia Reynolds. To catch a murderer, he and Callia must find an Aeveren with the power to control time. But Amon Kalins isn’t a man to trifle with, and when he wants something, he’ll use his powers, devastating charm, and good looks to get it.

When Amon manipulates time and seduces her away, Varek must turn to the people who set him free for help to get her back. But the Council doesn’t do anything without requiring something in return, and what they want is Amon Kalins, one of the most powerful Aeveren ever. Varek will do what he must to capture Amon and find Callia. If he doesn’t, she’ll be lost to him for untold lifetimes.


Readers can buy Stolen Destiny from Siren Publishing.
 Q Where can my readers find you on the web?
 Readers can find me at my blog, at my website, on Facebook and on Twitter.

Thanks so much for being here today, Gabrielle!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for being here today, Gabrielle. I love the cover of your book, by the way. :)

    You sound very much like me. In my day job, I have to "act" outgoing and extroverted, so people never believe me when I tell them I'm naturally introverted and somewhat shy. I've really learned to fake it well. Sounds like you have, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me! Jinger Heaston did a fantastic job on the cover. I love it too! And as for the day job, it's definitely as you say a lot of faking. But I still get what I call stage fright on the first day of classes, even after 10 years of teaching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of curiousity, what is your history specialty?

    ReplyDelete