Week 7: Lose 10 lbs in 10 Weeks


Hi everyone. For some reason, Blogger hasn't been letting anyone (including me) post comments. Sorry 'bout that.

We're in Week 7 now, can you believe it? I'm getting in panic mode, thinking of all the things I must do before Conference. Yikes! Luckily, losing those stubborn 10 pounds will be checked off my list soon, thanks to the steps I've taken here. I'm down 6 lbs now, which is cool. I tried on some of my snug conference attire and nothing feels looser yet though. Dammit. I'm tall (5'8"), so it usually takes a good 10 lbs for me to notice changes in the way my clothes fit.


How about you? How are you doing? There is still plenty of time to make some visible changes. We have about 4 weeks left. Plenty of time to drop 5 lbs, but you'll have to recommit and really focus on your diet and exercise.


If you're losing weight steadily, keep doing what you're doing. If you're getting desperate, here's a short-term plan to follow.


For the next 3-4 weeks:
1. No sugar. Period. Read the labels. If there is more than 5 g per serving, don't eat it.
2. No starchy carbs after 3 p.m. and only 2-3 starchy carbs total each day. What's a starchy carb? Bread, rice, cereal, pasta, grains, potatoes, corn, peas, etc. What's a serving? Generally, half a cup, or what could fit in your cupped hand.
3. Unlimited vegies plus a lot of fruit. But if you have the body type that gains weight in your belly and upper body, limit your fruit to 2 small servings a day.
4. Get 250-300 minutes of aerobic exercise each week--anything that makes you breathe harder than normal.

You're going to be eating mostly lean protein and vegies and good fats. Eat enough so you're satisfied, but don't stuff yourself.

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't live with that little, but I'm a bit taller. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down 7.5. It feels great to see that number on the scale. It figures that my favorite corn on the cob and sugar pea pods would be on the starchy list. I'm not a big vegie fan, so those are a few of what I will eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra, if you're already down 7.5 lbs, then you don't have to worry about cutting back on starches. That's only for a quick fix.

    Good job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete