Q & A with Isabella Macotte

Thanks for being here today, Isabella. Would you please share a short bio about yourself?
I love romance novels with a paranormal twist. I’ll read everything from light to dark paranormal, but especially enjoy a lighter humorous tone. Everyone I know needs to escape from their everyday world, and what better way than a romantic fantasy place starring a hunky hero and a strong heroine?

My latest release is The Heart Gem, a historical romance novel set in England. The story incorporates paranormal elements, a heroine who plans to be a businesswoman, and a sexy hero who needs to wed to leave the Fae world behind.

Do you consider yourself a shy and/or introverted person?

Probably depends on the situation now. As a child I was very shy, but as I get older not too much bothers me.  


What’s the hardest part of this business for you?

I think the most difficult part was venturing into the marketing and social media world. There was so much to learn! Once I got the hang of things, I started to enjoy the different platforms. The nicest surprise has been the wonderful people I’ve met along this journey. I’ve connected with readers and writers all over the world, none of which I’d have met outside of the social media outlets.

Tell me about a time that you had to step outside your comfort zone either in your writing career or in your personal life?

By writing romance novels, you really open yourself up to the reader being in your head. As a writer, you can’t let yourself be intimidated by that fact. Don’t tailor your novel based on what your mom or boss may think about your story. Write solely for the reader’s enjoyment.                                                                              

What’s one tip you could share with shy and introverted people that’s helped you? 

Most people are happy to get to know you. Be natural, never pushy, but trust your intuition.

Would you please share a short blurb of your book and where my readers can buy it?

BLURB:

In 1885, a proper Victorian woman's place was in the home. Convention never appealed to Hallie Pinefoy.

But plans for financial independence through a successful doll-making venture have one impediment. She's inherited a curiosity shop and a handsome business partner who's proving to be a delicious distraction.

When Bremen Tyler inherits a shop in coastal England, he breaks from the mystical Ancestral clan to live a normal life. The only way to guarantee a permanent break is to marry his Heart Match, a perfect soul mate. Bremen recognizes the captivating Hallie as his true love, but she isn't cooperating with his courtship.

If he can retrieve the stolen Heart Gem, an Artifact of Love, he can use it to prove their match. The surface of the Gem reflects the essence of a couple's future life, but the risks are great. More importantly, will Hallie realize true love doesn't need proof?

Available now!


Where can my readers find you on the web?

WEBSITE:
www.isabellamacotte.com      

TWITTER:
http://twitter.com/IsabellaMacotte

FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Isabella-Macotte/160318097368777


2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky and Isabella! I'm another (formerly very, now somewhat less) shy writer. I agree about the learning curve for promo and social media but have also been delighted by so many of the people I've met. The Heart Gem sounds like a winner - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. I appreciate your ongoing support!

    ReplyDelete