Q & A with author Michele Hart


Thanks for being here today, Michelle.

A Thank you, Shy Writers, for having me. Hi, shy readers out there!

Would you please share a short bio about yourself?

A I spent my childhood on a lone piece of property with no one around, babysat by a TV and a set of World Book Encyclopedia. Star Trek and Batman were the best parts of my day. Along the way, I studied a lot of myth, my first love in fantasy fiction. Then I met a young man who convinced me I could be creative. He put a pen in my hand. Well, not a pen, a keyboard. It was the best gift to give to another person, creativity.

Q Do you consider yourself a shy and/or introverted person?

A Oh, yes. I can talk myself into not going everywhere.

In what ways has being shy or introverted hindered your writing career?

A It’s not easy for me to get out and sell. An author really must learn how to promote herself. There’s no substitute for it. If she hid behind a keyboard to stay lone and protected, it’s a rough revelation to learn she must sell her books one at a time. The days of authors “just writing” are over, if they ever existed.

In what ways has being shy or introverted helped your writing career?

A I’ve developed the good discipline it takes to stay at the computer until the story is told.

Q What’s the hardest part of this business for you?

A Everything that isn’t about writing. :-) Although it’s great to reach the readers.

Tell me about a time that you had to step outside your comfort zone either in your writing career or in your personal life?

A Checking the mail is out of my comfort zone. But I recently joined an action group to help people with foreclosures, and we’ve planted a city garden.

Q What’s one tip you could share with shy and introverted people that’s helped you?

A Do what I do. Pack a gun wherever you go, and if things go wrong, you can shoot your way out of there! I’m just kidding, of course. Or am I…?

Q Would you please share a short blurb of your book and where my readers can buy it?

A Here’s the blurb for my latest angels & demons/Sci-Fi Romance, Gangbusters:

Daniel Tierney and his fellow I-Marshals take down the organizations producing the most dangerous substance in the Alliance. But reporter Faith Vedder turns up at the worst times, including Danny’s near-assassination. He’s had enough of her interference and requires her source of information.

Faith won’t tell him anything that compromises her Pulitzer-worthy story, not even under the magic of hot attraction. She doesn’t know she’s surrounded by fallen angels at war. Danny’s not finished making demands. She doesn’t understand until a giant, snorting, winged monster slobbers down her back, threatening to flay her.

The gangbusters can’t delay in their mission to shut down gangs until Danny learns the new criminal kingpin of their world is a man who once held Faith’s heart. In the guise of a gangland executioner named Heretic, Danny will destroy him. Even if it destroys Faith.

Angels are watching. Demons are plotting. Faith is the key.

***

Gangbusters can be found here:  http://www.BookStrand.com/gangbusters

Read hot, peril-packed excerpts, watch a woe-filled book trailer here: 


Q Where can my readers find you on the web?

A Find me at http://www.ILoveShape-Shifters.com/. Come over to my place in space. Watch a few book trailers under the stars, read a steamy, action-filled excerpt or two. Check out the reviews. I have worlds of adventure awaiting you.

Twitter: @MicheleHart

Facebook: MicheleHartBooks

LinkedIn: MicheleHart

Thank you, Rebecca and Shy Writers! I wish you love and adventure in 2012!

Thanks for coming on today, Michele.
Many sales to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment