Q&A with author Rachel Brimble

Thanks for being here today, Rachel. Would you please share a short bio about yourself?

Sure! I was born and live in South West England, just a short thirty minute drive from the famous Georgian City of Bath in one direction and a sixty minute drive from the mysterious Stonehenge in the other. I am married with two young daughters (12 & 10) and lucky enough to be able to write full-time right now.


Hobbies are reading, TV, cinema…and white wine ;)

Q Do you consider yourself a shy and/or introverted person?
Yes! Others might disagree, but I am definitely.

Q In what ways has being shy or introverted hindered your writing career?
I am getting better as I grow older and become more determined to succeed but I know there have been some fantastic opportunities I have missed in the past because of my shyness. I have missed chances to speak face to face to agents and editors alike because I just have not had the courage to approach them.

Q In what ways has being shy or introverted helped your writing career?
I am happy to sit at home on the computer and write all day – in fact, those are my favorite days, lol!

Q What’s the hardest part of this business for you?
The waiting for editorial decisions, that all important yes or no on a new book you’ve submitted and of course, promotion that is anything other than sitting at my kitchen table completing an interview or writing a blog post.

Q Tell me about a time that you had to step outside your comfort zone either in your writing career or in your personal life?
I made more of a leap from my comfort zone this summer rather than a step! I attended the Romantic Novelists Association (UK RWA equivalent) annual conference and decided this year I was going to do a pitch even if it killed me! I am pleased to say I am still here and the editor from Mira requested my full manuscript, yay!

Q What’s one tip you could share with shy and introverted people that’s helped you?
The only advice I can give is, to keep taking baby steps towards getting out of the unnecessary binds of shyness. It is hard and I am the worst offender but each time I’ve made myself do something, it has never, ever been as bad as I thought it would be. Not EVER!

Q Would you please share a short blurb of your book and where my readers can buy it?
Sure – Paying The Piper is my latest release and it is available from September 19th at Lyrical Press. Here’s the blurb & Buy Link:

Nightclub manager Grace Butler is on a mission to buy the pub where her mother's ashes are scattered but the owner wants to sell to anyone but her. And that owner happens to be her father...who has a secret she will do anything to discover.

Social worker and all around good guy Jimmy Betts needs funds to buy a house for three special kids before their care home closes. Time is running out and he's desperate for cash. He agrees to a one-time 'job' for bad-man Karl Butler. But in a sudden turn of events, Jimmy finds himself employed by Karl's beautiful, funny and incredibly sexy daughter, Grace. Their lives couldn't be more different, yet one thread binds them: they're both trying to escape the bonds of their fathers. Maybe the only way they'll be free is by being together, instead of alone.


Q Where can my readers find you on the web?
A http://www.rachelbrimble.com/
http://www.rachelbrimble.blogspot.com/
www.twitter.com/rachelbrimble


3 comments:

  1. Congrats Rachel on the request for your full manuscript from that Mira editor. That was a big leap but what a great reward. Here's wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this interview Rachel. And I love where you live. :) I admire your pluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the request for a full from the MIRA editor Rachel! So amazing that you stepped out of your comfort zone and something so wonderful came of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete